USS NEW YORK (LPD-21) has a special mission in the war on terror.
Her bow, forged from steel salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center, embodies the strength and determination of the people of the United States: to recover, to rally, to take the fight to the enemy.
The formal shipboard commissioning on Nov. 7 will not only honor the memory of those who perished and those who survied the attacks, it will forge an enduring alliance between the people of New York and the ship and her crew.
USS NEW YORK (LPD-21) is open for public visiting at specific times on specfic dates. Due to limited space, attendance at the commissioning ceremony on Saturday is by invitation only.
Please return regularly to www.ussny.org for updates on visiting dates and hours.
The ship is docked alongside Pier 88, at 48th Street and 12th Avenue near the Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum. Those who plan to visit are encouraged to use public transportation to avoid traffic and parking overloads. Those who'd rather stay at home can look for some entertainment on TV or pick an online betting website to make some sports betting.
- Monday, November 2
- Ship arrives at Pier 88 (at 48th Street and 12th Avenue) in New York City to a gala welcome in New York Harbor by fireboats and private vessels.
- Commissioning Committee arrival event for ship's officers and senior enlisted.
- Tuesday, November 3
- 12:00 - 4:00: Onboard reception for 9/11 families and First Responders.
- Special events throughout the day to honor the ship and crew.
- 10:00 - 4:00: Ship opens for public visiting.
- Thursday, November 5
- NYC visit for crewmember families with events to include tours, sporting events, theater and a visit to the World Trade Center site, with reception to follow.
- 1:00 - 4:00: Open for public visiting.
- Friday, November 6
- Captain's reception for Commissioning Committee, Sponsors and Dais Guests.
- Continuation of visits by crewmembers' families and special city events for the crew.
- Saturday, November 7
- Commissioning Ceremony: Attendance limited to ticketholders only. SPECIAL NOTE: This is an OUTDOOR event, so please CHECK THE WEATHER and DRESS ACCORDINGLY.
- Sunday, November 8
- 9:00 - 12:00: Open for public visiting.
- 12:00 - 4:00: Onboard reception for 9/11 Families and First Responders.
- Monday, November 9 and Tuesday, November 10:
- 9:00 - 4:00: Open for public visiting.
Wednesday, Nov. 11: 9:00 - 2:00 Open for public visiting
Thursday, Nov. 12 -- USS NEW YORK departs.
Authentic Authorized Cap
History Channel USSNY DVD